Monday, November 22, 2010

Enjoy Your Rest

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend.

Exodus 33:14 (NASB)
And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I
will give you rest."


In this fast paced world we have learned to milk
maximum work out of every minute of our days.  We
seem to go non-stop from the time we open our eyes
in the morning until the time we lay our heads on
the pillow at night.   In this hectic pace we
often end up neglecting our bodies of much needed
rest.   Thankfully, God gives us opportunities to
be refreshed, but are we willing to take them?

All too often I find that when God gives me an
opportunity to rest, I use that opportunity to try
and accomplish just a few more things and I end up
squandering the blessing the Lord had intended for
me.   When these opportunities are made available
we need to trust that God is looking after the
details of life.  Just as we can trust Him with
eternity, we can also trust Him with those extra
periods of rest that he affords to us.

If you are finding yourself worn down these days,
I encourage you to look for those gifts of rest
that God is offering to you.   Don't be afraid to
take advantage of them, the things that would
normally occupy that time will still be there when
you rest is complete, but you will be more
energized in your undertaking of those tasks. 
This week is Thanksgiving here in the United
States, a time to take some down time to reflect
and be thankful.  I urge you take full advantage
of this time and view as a gift from God to
refresh your body, mind and spirit.

Until next Monday, may God's richest blessings be
yours this week.


Carl

Carl Willis
PO Box 61125
Corpus Christi, TX  78466-1125
www.simplicitynet.org
troubles.carlwillis.com

No comments: