Friday, February 11, 2005

The ups and downs of raising a teenager

I just got my final cell phone bill from my former cell phone provider. I'm looking at the bill and I see over $6 in charges for AOL instant messenger in one day. I quit using that cell phone in mid December and gave it to my son until he got his new cell phone for Christmas. When I asked Christopher about the charges, he said he had let one of his buddies play with the phone....of course I came unglued. Now bear in mind I just shelled out an extra $50, because Christopher used up his 400 minute allotment in 10 days by playing the video games on his phone.
Now...my parents assure me that I used to do alot of dumb stuff when I was his age too...althought I have no memory of it...but it sure does seem like he can't do something goofy without it costing money these days. I sure am glad he is wanting to get a job, because he's going to need it just to keep up with the expenses of his poor decisions.
In spite of it all, I am enjoying being his dad more now than I ever did. Christopher if you're reading this...I love you!!!

No comments: