Monday, April 28, 2008

Strength and Peace

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend.

Life is full of adversities that can very quickly sap our strength and rob us of our peace. In a matter of moments illness can strike, the car can break down, things at work can go south and the list goes on… Most of us are living with very little reserve margin as it is, so when these types of issues begin to pile up we begin to feel the weight of our circumstances. It is at these times that we come to the realization that we simply do not have what it takes.

The truth of the matter is that we were never intended to have all that it takes to clear through these difficulties in life. God created us with a need for reliance on His unlimited resources.

The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11 (NASB)

I find that in those times where I am truly “tapped out” God willingly provides me with additional resources from His unlimited supply. The only stipulation is that I simply have to ask for them. It is amazing how peaceful I become when I spend some time alone with God in the midst of my turmoils and tribulations. No matter how difficult the situation is, God always calms my spirit and tops off my tank. I may have come to Him declaring that I just can’t take it anymore, but by the time I leave His presence I am ready to take the next step.

Today you may find yourself exhausted by the pressures of life. I encourage you to take some time today and get alone with God. Tell Him what is weighing you down and then sit still and allow Him to refill your tank.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: