Monday, December 28, 2009

Allowing God to Direct Your Steps

Good morning. I hope you had a great Christmas weekend.

2 Chronicles 27:6 (NASB)
So Jotham became mighty because he ordered his ways before the LORD his God.


Traditionally for me, the week between Christmas and New Years Day is a time of reflection, a time of prayer, a time of course plotting and a time for setting goals. During this week, I spend a great deal of time alone with God, allowing Him to guide my thoughts.

It is during these times that the Lord shows me all that I have to be thankful for from the current year. He shows me places where He strengthened me, guided me and sustained me. He also uses this as a time to show me where I got off course and reminds me of how He guided me back to the right path.

From there I begin to seek the Lord’s heart for the coming year. This is a time of asking Him, what He would like to accomplish through me? I find that I often come away with major themes or points of emphasis for my life in the coming year. It is during these times that I clarify what the Lord is revealing to me, and I ask Him to determine the work of my hands. It is from this dialogue with the Lord that I set my goals for the coming year.

This week, I hope you will take a cue from Jotham, and order your ways before the LORD your God. He sees the greater picture, and His goals will always be in your best interest.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: