Monday, June 14, 2010

I Can Do All Things

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend.

In Philippians 4, the Apostle Paul spoke about his contentment in all circumstances, whether he found himself lacking or with plenty. He summed up the reeason for this contentment in verse 13:

Philippians 4:13 (NASB)
I can do  all things through Him who strengthens me.


One of the things I think we are all too guilty of is thinking we "can't."  We are convinced that because of our circumstance, personality, situation of life, etc... that there simply are things we are unable to do.   If we are simply looking at things from the perspective of our own strength and abilities, then there is a sliver of truth in this type of thinking; however, this type of thought negates the power of God that is at work in our lives.

Time and time again I have seen God do things in and through me that I did not think were possible.  I have seen His strength propel me past obstacles, doubts and fears to bring the impossible into reality.   I have learned that my "position" in life has no bearing on God's ability to work in, through and around me. 

Matthew 19:26 (NASB)
And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things  are possible."


Today you may be facing a circumstance in your life that you believe is impossible to overcome, change or survive.  Remember that in your strength that may be entirely true, but in God's overwhelming power all things are possible.

Until next Monday, may God's richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: