Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday Morning Encouragement - March 21, 2005

Do you ever wonder if you’re making a difference in this life? I know I often do a lot of soul searching over this issue. I find myself often wondering if I’m doing all I could or if I’m really making a difference in anyone’s life?

I want to challenge you this morning with the following passage of scripture:

Acts 5:15-16 (NLT)
As a result of the apostles' work, sick people were brought out into the streets on beds and mats so that Peter's shadow might fall across some of them as he went by. [16] Crowds came in from the villages around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those possessed by evil spirits, and they were all healed.

I’ve always been fascinated by this account. If you read it carefully, you understand that the miraculous was taking place simply by Peter walking by. In fact Peter would have been unaware of the miracles taking place behind him.

When I preach on this passage I always liken this account to a boat traveling through the water. A boat traveling through the water leaves a wake behind it. Any vessel behind that boat will be affected in some way by that wake. A few years ago I went fishing with a couple of guys from our church on Lake Erie. I can remember a few “larger” vessels rocking our boat as they passed.

As you move through life, you also leave a wake. In your wake you can give life, just as Peter did, or you can bring pain, sorrow, bitterness, etc… Peter’s wake was a life giving wake, because he was fully surrendered to God’s purpose for his life. God’s presence was so evident in Peter, that just to be in his presence was to experience God’s touch.

Today ask God to fill you so completely with His presence that anyone who comes into contact with you will feel his life giving touch. Remember, when God is working in and through you He is the one receiving the glory. You may never know the type of impact you made on this world until you stand before Him, but rest assured you are making a difference in this world.
Until next Monday may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

No comments: