Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Morning Encouragement - March 28, 2005

Spring is now officially here and if the weather stays true to form, the Pennsylvania rainy season has officially begun. I personally wish everyday could be 70 degrees sunny, but I realize the importance of the rain.

For much of my life I lived in central Kansas. This part of the nation is predominately farm country. At this time of year the average farmer has his winter wheat crop planted. If the rains don’t come in the springtime, the hopes of a bountiful harvest in June are slim.

The Bible talks about the importance of the rain:

Psalm 65:10 (NLT)
You drench the plowed ground with rain,
melting the clods and leveling the ridges.
You soften the earth with showers
and bless its abundant crops.

The rain softens the ground and nourishes the crops. Without the rain the crops will burn up, dry out and whither away.

Consider the rainstorms you have experienced in life. I find in my life that God often allows the rains to come. The days get dark and dreary. I begin wondering if the rain will ever end. When the clouds finally break, the landscape of my life has changed. The ground has been softened and my soul has been nourished.

When I look back on these rainy seasons I find that what seemed like a crisis at the time has now become a tremendous blessing. In the aftermath of the rain I have developed perseverance, deep faith, an awareness of friendship and a new well of peace.

As you look out your window today and see the rain reflect on the past problems that have turned into blessings and thank God for the rains. If you are currently experiencing a personal rainy season, remember that God is using those rains to soften the soil and nurture your soul. In due time the rainy season will end and a bountiful crop will be visible in your life.

Until next Monday may God’s richest blessings be yours.

No comments: