Monday, July 03, 2006

System Diagnostics

Good morning! I trust you’ve had a great weekend and hope your 4th of July holiday is a time of refreshing.

This morning I find myself wearing my computer repair hat. My home pc began crashing last night and I am currently in the process of doing diagnosis. It is with this thought that I want us to focus on our own lives.

Whether we would choose to admit it or not, each of us has issues in our lives that prevent us from being all that God has created us to be. These issues include such things as pride, bitterness, unforgiveness, complacency, etc… The presence of these things in our lives is a hindrance to the work of God within us. Many of these things are buried deep, because we are not ready to deal with them. Others we have just grown familiar with and are no longer troubled by their presence.

On my computer I use diagnostic software that looks at the integrity of the registry, the hard drive and the file structure. During this diagnosis even the hidden files and system files which are not normally seen are analyzed for trouble.

It is critical in our lives that we allow God to diagnose our heart on a regular basis. Look at what was written by the Psalmist:

Psalm 139:23 (NLT)

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

test me and know my thoughts.

When we allow God to search our heart and our thoughts, He will pinpoint those issues that need to be dealt with. He will take inventory of all that is housed within us, nothing will be left unchecked.

This is not always an easy process. We don’t like seeing some of what lies within us, but in the long run, the freedom of grace and cleansing far outweighs the burden of carrying sin’s guilt and shame.

Tomorrow is Independence Day. I encourage you to allow God to search out your heart and set you free from the bondage of what lies hidden.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: