Monday, April 09, 2007

Have you talked to your advisor lately?

Good morning! I hope your Easter weekend was a great time of faith, family and friends.

Easter is always a special time for me. I use it as an opportunity to reconnect myself to the foundation of my faith. Some times it is good to go back to the basics. For me, Easter is one of those times when I go back and re-examine the significance of the cross and the empty tomb in my life. Without either one, my faith would be null and void.

Today I want to talk to you about living your life with purpose. As my backdrop, I would like for you to consider the following Psalm:

Psalm 32:8 (NLT)

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.

I will advise you and watch over you.

You’re never too old for advisement. Many of us use advisors as part of our day to day life. Doctors, attorneys and accountants (especially for the next week) are just a few of the advisors many of us have. Even though we will seek advisement for those things, we often are negligent on seeking advisement for the bigger picture of life itself.

The Bible makes it very clear that God has a very specific plan that was specifically designed for your life:

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Before you were born, God knew you. He knew your personality, your strengths, your weaknesses, your successes and your failures. With all of those things in mind, He crafted His plan for your life and it is as unique as you are.

Sadly, even though we know this about God, we are all too often negligent in consulting Him for guidance and direction. If I was taking a long journey, I would most definitely put my beginning and ending point in to Mapquest® and print out a detailed map. If I was going to a new city, I would ask those who have been there what sights I should see and the best way of getting around.

If we will ask and listen, God is more than willing to give us guidance. The danger for most of us is that we don’t ask or we don’t listen. Sometimes we listen and get part of the picture, but then we run off ahead and get off course. The key is to be patient, allowing God to reveal the pathway one step at a time. You can trust His advisement, because He has already mapped out the course. When things don’t make sense, you can still have confidence in the knowledge that in God’s perfect timing the pieces will all fit together.

Perhaps this week you need to clear some time and meet with your Heavenly Advisor. Ask for direction and then sit back and take note of all that is revealed. He won’t lead you astray, His plan is perfectly designed for who you are.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: