Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

Good morning!

We live in a time when political correctness has gone to the extreme. The celebration of Christ’s birth has now become “happy holidays.” Give me a break! I didn’t grow up celebrating “happy holidays.” Never did I bound down the stairs of my boyhood home to see what I had received on “happy holidays” morning. I don’t recall gathering with my parents around the family Bible to read the “happy holidays” story. Nor did I join friends and family at church on “happy holidays” eve.

I for one am proud to celebrate Christmas. I’m not ashamed of my faith in Jesus Christ…in fact it is central to who I am as a man. Why would I run from that? I believe that God sent His one and only Son to save my soul…it is the foundation of my life.

So today, I am going to keep it short, sweet and simple! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. May the joy of Jesus be yours today.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: