Sunday, December 16, 2007

Taking the Journey

Good morning! I hope your weekend has been a refreshing one.

Over the weekend I was talking to a man in our church about the journey of faith he has taken over the past 6 months. His journey began when he made himself available to the Lord for what he thought would be a very temporary assignment. Over these last six months, the Lord has accomplished much greater things through him as he took each days step in trusting obedience.

A life of faith is a life of incomplete pictures:

Genesis 12:1 (NLT)
Then the Lord told Abram, “Leave your country, your relatives, and your father’s house, and go to the land that I will show you.

Only today’s portion of the picture is revealed. Only after we have completed the step for today is tomorrow’s step revealed. In many ways this is done for our own protection. If the Lord revealed the whole picture at once we would be overwhelmed. I have said many times: “If I knew what I was going to encounter along the way, I would have never agreed to take the journey.” Looking back, I wouldn’t trade the journey for the world, but on the front end I would have said “impossible.”

With each day’s steps, God reveals His ability to the “impossible” in and through us. The only requirement is that we keep walking as He is leading.

Today you may find yourself on a journey with no clearly defined ending point. Don’t lose heart! The blessings of the journey await you, and the end result will be much more than you ever dreamed of.

Until next Monday, may God’s riches blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: