Monday, March 15, 2010

What's Under Your Hood?

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend.

Over the past few days I have been engaged in a battle of determination to get my old pickup truck running, so my oldest son can use it for transportation at college. Just about the time I think I have the problem resolved, I find that there are yet other problems to be dealt with. There are unseen things in the mechanical systems of the truck that are causing it be of no value as a vehicle in its present condition.

I find it fascinating how often we see these patterns in our own lives as well. Look at the following statement made by the Lord about King Saul:

1 SAMUEL 16:7 (NASB)
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

From all outward appearances, Saul seemed like the ideal candidate to be king. He was tall, he was handsome, he seemed to have the proper bearing for royalty. Unfortunately Saul was not fit to rule, because there were problems deep within him. His heart was not fully yielded unto God. His unyielding heart would ultimately become visible in his actions and decisions.

It is critical in each of our lives that we regularly undergo a diagnostic process with the Lord. We need to allow Him to examine the “systems” with in us. Where he finds values, ideals, goals and relationships out of tune with His perfect will; we need to allow Him to make the necessary adjustments. After all you wouldn't settle for a misfiring, non-running vehicle; so why settle for a misfiring, out of alignment life.

Today I encourage you to plug into the Holy Spirit's diagnostic presence and allow Him to give you a thorough review.

Until next Monday, may God's richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: