Monday, May 17, 2010

Time for an audit

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend.

Psalms 139:23-24 (NIV)
23.  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


This morning I have a yearly compliance audit in one of my businesses.    During this audit my entire business will be evaluated.  Client files will be examined, my regulatory files will be examined and the operational soundness of my business will be evaluated.   These examinations are thorough and conducted regularly for a reason.   They ensure that I operate my business with integrity.

I believe that our lives as Christians really should be no different.   We should regularly be making the request of Psalms 139:23-24.   When we allow God to examine our hearts, we find that He reveals those things that harm our Christian walk.   He shows us the thoughts, feelings and attitudes that cripple our testimony.  He identifies those actions that are going to draw us away from Him.

This however is not simply a fault finding exercise.  God is diligent in showing you His way.  When He pinpoints a problem in your life, He will always direct you towards the appropriate remedy as well.   His examination is meant to bring you into the fullness of life in Him.

Today you may realize that it is time for a spiritual audit.   Allow God to examine your heart and show you His way.  In the end your life will be a greater reflection of His glory and His purpose for you.

Until next Monday, may God's richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

P.S.  I have re-released my first book "The Troubles of a Righteous Man" as an e-book.  Proceeds will help
fund my church planting ministry.  http://troubles.carlwillis.com

No comments: