Sunday, July 24, 2005

Monday Morning Encouragement - July 25, 2005

Good morning! Today I am writing to you from Buffalo, NY. I am on a mission trip with our church assisting a new church in getting started.

This trip has got me thinking about the encouragement of being surrounded by a group of passionate people. Don't you just enjoy being around positive people? I know that I do. I would always prefer to be around a group of people who are laughing and upbeat. Just being in that type of setting, lifts my spirits in a heartbeat.

This week I am surrounded by just that type of group. This group of people goes out of their way to encourage one another. Each day they pray together, they share encouragement with one another and they serve each other. It is neat to watch each of their spirits lift. Many of us came with burdens and baggage that were weighing us down, but now we are energized and renewed.

The Bible speaks to this type of environment as well:

Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.

Hebrews 10:24-25 (NLT)

When I think about what keeps me going on the hard days? It is the encouragement of others. Today if you need a shot in the arm, I encourage you to surround yourself with some encouraging people. Find those in your life who can inspire and spur you on. There's work to be done.

Until next Monday, may God's richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: