Monday, July 18, 2005

Still stirred?

I was watching my wife work this evening and I realize that she still moves me in such an incredible way. It has been nearly 18 years since I first laid eyes upon her. I remember the first time I saw her, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was radiant and stunning!

Tonight as I watched her work, I realized that I still cannot take my eyes off of her. When she walks into the room, it lights up. When she brushes up against me I get shivers up and down my spine. When I hear her voice my heart jumps for joy.

This has me thinking about my relationship with Christ. I still remember the day in 1975 when I first met Jesus. I was a young boy and my heart was stirred. I knew something was missing within me and then Jesus revealed how he could fill that void.

I gave my life to Him that night and I was filled with such joy. As with my marriage, my relationship with Jesus has gone through stages. I have moved beyond the childlike fascination to a more intimate knowledge of my precious savior.

But the question is simple. Am I still stirred? Does the thought of Jesus very presence cause my pulse to quicken and my spirits to rise in glorious expectation. Is there still a freshness in my relationship with him, or have I allowed it to grow stagnate?

My prayer is that everyday would be a fresh experience with my Savior. That I would never take Him for granted. O Lord stir my heart for you, make each day a passionate encounter with you.

No comments: