Sunday, October 22, 2006

You've Got a Great Guide

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start.

Have you ever wondered where you are going? My family and I are currently in the midst of a transition where the future destination is not clear yet. There are times when I find myself questioning the path and direction. It is with this thought of direction that I want to speak to you this morning.

I am a firm believer that life is not a series of random circumstances, but instead a divinely crafted and planned journey. When I look back at the course my life has taken I see where the dots connect. Steps that didn’t make sense at the time are now perfectly clear in meaning and importance. Each experience fits perfectly into place with the others. The Bible speaks to this divine design:

Psalm 32:8 (NLT)

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.

I will advise you and watch over you.

I once went through a retreat that dealt with discovering your purpose and mission in life. One of the keys that we looked at in our lives was “destiny pointers.” Destiny pointers are events in our lives that point towards God’s divine purpose. As I reflect I see many destiny pointers in my life. Throughout my life I have seen God’s hand pointing in the direction that my life has taken.

It is the assurance of God’s guidance and care that give me peace during times of ambiguity. I know that God has carefully laid out the course of my life and that He will reveal the next steps when the timing is right.

Today you may find yourself in a time of uncertainty. I encourage you to take comfort in the fact that your course is already known and your Father in heaven sees every twist, turn, hill and valley. Trust His leadership and enjoy the journey.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: