Monday, December 25, 2006

The Greatest Gifts of Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Today your Savior was born in the town of David. He is Christ, the Lord.

Luke 2:11 (NCV)

This morning I have spent time with my wife and children as we have celebrated Christmas together. I was blessed as I listened to my 9 year old read the Biblical account of Jesus’ birth and filled with joy as I watched my children’s eyes light up as we exchanged gifts with one another.

Some of my favorite memories of childhood took place in front of the Christmas tree. In my family we always read the account of Jesus’ birth from the gospel of Luke from our large family Bible. After prayer we would open our gifts, with my Dad being the official package presenter.

I remember some of the gifts…a red fire truck, a train set and countless action figures. Most of all, I remember the times with family and the heritage of faith. It is those two things that have outlasted the many toys, shirts, sweaters and socks I have received over the years.

This year I hope you have made some lasting Christmas memories. Let Christ fill your Christmas this year with His presence and where possible, pass on the real gifts of faith and family.

Until next Monday, may God’s richest blessings be yours this week.

Carl

No comments: